Saturday, June 22, 2013

Don't worry, it gets better

Well, the day didn't quite start off like I had hoped. I overslept, had to jump start the Neon before we could head out, and got on the road 3 hours later than I had planned. Yet through it all, my excitement for this trip never diminished. I just kept thinking to myself, "don't worry, it gets better!"

We arrived safe and sound in Anderson, Indiana and headed straight over to the Park Place Church of God to get our registration handled. Smooth. Simple. And everyone was smiling :)

Next, we got checked-in to our room in Fair Commons (dorms on campus at Anderson University). And I've got to say, every time I stay here I realized how blessed I am and how privileged we are in the Church of God to have facilities like this available. Thank you Anderson University for my home away from home this week!

Did you know - if you open the door for Marshall (my 2 1/2 year-old), he will invite himself right in and make himself at home? Well, Jeff and Joanie Frymire found this out tonight when we stopped to make a quick visit with them. After some cheese and crackers, and a very funny story about exploding toilet tanks (you'll have to ask Jeff yourself), we headed back out to do a little shopping (a.k.a. buying the things you accidentally left at home).

Now, you might think that it couldn't get any better than this, especially after the way the day started. You might even think that a late-night trip to Walmart could quite possibly undo all of the previous happiness and joy. However, you would be wrong. There was one more thing that would make all of the earlier problems fade off into the sunset, never to be remembered again. Are you ready?


Yes, that is banana pudding ice cream. I totally forgot that I could get this delicious dessert in the great state of Indiana. It might say Blue Bell on the container, but I believe this sweet treat is straight from the hands of God.

So you see, don't worry - it gets better!

2 comments:

  1. I will live this campmeeting through you! Thanks Pastor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! Maybe you can join us live and in person next year - June 20-25...mark your calendar.

    ReplyDelete